The world is a dangerous place these days.
Are you ready if things turn from normal to OMG? That’s why first Responders have their Go-Bags and Preppers have their Get-Out-Of Dodge-Bag. But, you can’t always have your gear with you.
Or can you?
If you remember the Movies with James Coburn, “Our Man Flint”
You might recall he had an unusual wristwatch that was a complete survival kit.
Well, today, technology and need have caught up with the movies, and you can get Survival wristwatches that have items that can get you out of a jam easy and they actually work.
Today, you are going to be introduced to 10 that have what it takes to be called survival watches. The first will let you know when the water is about to turn into a nightmare and you can then seek shelter or get out of harm’s way.
Best Survival Watches in 2020
If yes, this one meets all the requirements. The mineral dial window, along with the resin case material, means that durability is not going to be a problem when going with this watch.
In addition to that, the band material is resin as well. When you look at the diameter of the case, it is 54 MM. The large diameter allows you to read the digital dial easily.
It supports atomic timekeeping, which ensures that monitoring the time accurately is undoubtedly possible. Additionally, it features an altimeter.
The watch can handle a temperature of as low as -10C. As a result, you can use it in almost any weather.
Are you looking for water-resistant watches?
It can resist water up to 200m depth. Also, the solar movement makes it pretty accurate. The LCD ensures that you can read it from any angle.
A feature that stands out about this watch is that it displays the sunrise and sunset times as well. It is what makes it unique. The heavy-duty construction, with high temperature-resistance, helps it stand out.
- Excellent LCD.
- High water resistance.
- Enhanced durability.
- It can handle the low temperatures.
- Highly accurate.
- Has a learning curve.
When looking for some of the best survival watches that can endure any conditions, this one stands out from others. Its ability to handle low temperatures and heavy-duty construction puts it on top when looking for survival watch reviews.
If yes, this one with the analog display is a reliable choice. The stainless steel construction enhances durability. When you look at the dial, it has a date slot present at 3 o’clock position. Despite being an analog watch, it can display time from 2 time zones.
There is a pilot’s slide ruler as well.
Are you wondering about its case size?
It has a 42mm case. The mineral dial window means that the durability is excellent.
It utilizes the Japanese technology that makes it highly accurate. Also, it has an efficient water-resistant feature up to a depth of 200 m, which certainly means that it is suitable for water sports.
The non-reflective crystal display allows you to read the dial from any angle. Also, the markers are luminous, which further adds to the convenience. The eco-drive technology means that it runs on solar light. With these features on offer, it is one of the best watches for survival.
- Heavy-duty construction.
- The dual time zone display.
- Large case.
- Japanese movement.
- Excellent water resistance.
- Limited instructions.
If you prefer a survival watch that can help you track time in 2 time zones, this one should be on top of your list. Additionally, as well, it has quite a few features which make it one of the best survival watches available.
Also, it has three sub-dials that are very easy to operate. The chronograph feature helps you in tracking the time easily.
The 20 MM genuine leather belt makes it comfortable to wear.
Are you wondering about its case size?
It uses 42 MM brass case that can certainly stand the test of time. The glass crystal display is another feature. You get a backlight that makes it easy for you to read.
Additionally, with seven different color options, you have some choice as well.
If you want to use it during water sports, you can do so up to a depth of 100 m as well. The minimalistic dial and date window at 4 o’clock position makes it convenient to use. Thus, if you’re looking for a heavy-duty survival watch, this one fits your requirements perfectly.
- Minimalistic display.
- Chronograph functionality.
- Heavy-duty construction.
- Convenient to read dial.
- Available in 7 color options.
- The chronograph has a learning curve.
If minimalism is your thing, you cannot ignore this watch. Also, the heavy-duty construction means that you can use it outdoors without any worry.
That’s not all!
It can handle temperature as low as -10C. It offers five different daily alarms. The full auto-calendar allows you to keep track of the days easily. It has a countdown timer on offer.
Want to switch between 12 and 24-hour timer?
It offers that as well. The battery power indicator and power-saving function help it stand out.
The battery life is six months on a full charge. As a result, you need not worry about its charging at all.
The quartz movement makes it highly precise. It has a digital display, which means that it is highly accurate.
The 51 MM stainless steel material, with a mineral dial window, makes the watch easy to use.
The water resistance feature up to the depth of 100 m ensures that even when using it during water sports occasionally, there will not be a problem.
The best thing about this survival watch is that it runs on solar power. So, you won’t be required to change the batteries.
One of the reasons that it is such a perfect choice when it comes to survival watches is because it has many sensors. These include an altimeter, thermometer, digital compass, and altimeter. As a result, getting data about your surroundings is certainly possible.
What more can you ask for?
Every feature of this survival watch provides it with an edge over other options.
- Offers various sensors.
- Long lifespan.
- Easy to read the dial.
- Offers time from 31 different time zones.
- Instructions could have been better.
If you’re searching for a complete package when buying survival watches, this watch will be perfect. With so many features on offer, there is no reason to ignore this one.
If yes, this one will fit your requirements. It has a high-performance LED, which means that it can provide you with a beam of light. You can change the beam intensity at three different levels between 15 lumens, 60 lumens, and 300 lumens.
The ambidextrous pushbutton means that activating the LED is quick and easy.
Also, the heavy-duty rubber waistband makes it easy to wear for long hours. The automatic alignment mechanism means that the watch displays accurate time always. The illuminating feature of the dial means that you can use it in any light condition.
Did you that it has an LED fuel gauge as well?
It will let you know right away how much battery is left.
The lightweight aluminum construction ensures that even when you wear it for long hours, you need not worry at all.
The LED beam light makes it one of the best survival watches available.
- Incorporates LED beam light.
- Heavy-duty aluminum construction.
- Easy to read dial.
- The watch is bulky.
If you’re looking for a survival watch that can help you survive outdoors and also keep track of time, this one is much superior to many other options available. Owing to its highly effective beam light, we have included it on our list.
Where you are hiking camping and just enjoy nature to the fullest, you need to keep track of your surroundings and the environment. The Seals call this situational awareness. The Santo Core is a computer you wear on your wrist that has not only compass capability but also will tell you your elevation, and the air pressure.
BTW it also tells you the correct time and will alert you if the weather conditions are getting honky and will let you know if bad weather is on the horizon. It also comes in a wide assortment of designer colors that go with your outdoor or leisure fashions as well.
- The black finish makes this an excellent timepiece with all the features hidden inside.
- The Amazon advert says there are 3 alarms but other sources say there are 5, and when I got mine turns out, they were right.
- Its altimeter can be off at times. So, don’t expect this to be a precision instrument. However, for most uses, it does a good job.
- When I am in the mountains, I need to know when the weather is changing. In places like Everest, it can kill you, as already 10 climbers have died so far this year. That’s why I like my Core. Weather plays a big part in trekking into the mountains and whether you can reach your goal or…
- Be careful with the buttons as flexing your wrist the wrong way can jam them in and drain the battery life.
- Make sure you get a new one and not a retread. Somewhere in the pipeline, I ended up with an obvious used Santo Core. We got it resolved, and I got a new one finally.
What would you say if you could be carrying your survival kit on your wrist? Weill’s what you get when you have 227’s Tactical Watch. It will make going into the wild a no-brainer, as you have the tools necessary to build a fire, a compass to find your way around, and even a small knife to cut things with. But, it has two digital watches, an analog face, and a built-in stopwatch as well.
So, now all you have to do is pack your tent or survival poncho, and you are ready to hit the trail. The watchband is made of Paracord, so in an emergency, you have the line you need to lash together a shelter using some saplings, Paracord, and a 10 X 10 tarp. You can of, course, bring you to own Paracord separately, and from there you can build one of 25 different shelters if the need arises.
- Great looking watch and the gadgets come in handy if you need to do a MacGyver if you are stuck outdoors.
- Customer service is there when you need them, and if you have a problem, they will help you out up to the point of sending you a new watch.
- The Paracord watchband is more comfortable than metal, plastic, and even leather.
- Each wristband is handmade, which is a nice touch. Don’t expect Rolex quality at this price. However, it keeps decent time.
- The watchband is not adjustable. Therefore, you might have to either work with customer service or learn a bit about weaving Paracord watchband.
When you are out hiking, jogging, and otherwise making feet across unfamiliar territory, you need to use map and compass when you are out of reach of a cell tower, and your Smartphone GPS cannot help.
That’s when your trusty survival wristwatch can help you make it from point A to B. But, not only that its built-in flashlight can help you keep from stumbling and falling, as it lights your way. In addition, you have light to see your map as well.
- Designed for outdoor use rather than leisurewear this watch is a workhorse and not a piece of baling.
- Nice to have at night when you can’t see to unlock the door of my car or my front door.
- Great idea and useful when you need to go outside at night.
- When you feel the urge in the middle of the night, this is the one piece of camping gear you will appreciate once you leave the campfire’s light.
- I wish I could go diving in it. But, at the price, I’m not complaining.
So, in order to thrive in this world, many have started picking up the old skills that our pioneer ancestors learned through trial and error.
This wristwatch blends High-tech synthetics like Paracord, plastics, and microelectronic technology with the compass and 5 other features. All this blends the new with the old.
Now if things go bad and you need to find your way, start a fire, and signal for help. It is all contained and wrapped around your wrist.
- Stylish and yet it is a full-function survival tool.
- The Paracord wristband is comfortable and form-fitting.
- I used the firestarter to light my Weber using nothing more than some newspaper and Fatwood for kindling.
- This watch looks cutting edge, and when I’m out in the woods I know I have the things to get by with if I need it.
- Usefully as well as trendy looking.
- The perfect all-in-one camping and survival tool.
- The watch is OK, and the price is right, but the firestarter could be a bit larger.
- It looks good in black, though I’d like more variety in colors offered.
It is 3 meters of 550 7-core Cordage that can be used in many survival situations. You also have a digital watch that looks stylish but is also able to be used as a stopwatch, which helps you measure distance as you hike or trek in the outdoors.
If you take, a plunge while you are fording a stream or river the waterproof construction laughs off the water, and you can continue on your way guided by the compass that is in easy view. When it is time to turn in you can build a campfire with ease as it also has an attached firestarter as well.
- For the price, it looks great, and it actually could come in handy in a pinch. I usually carry a full pack with my regular stuff in it. But, this is a little bit of insurance for “just in case.”
- It makes a fashion statement as it looks cool and the widgets you get with it are functional and not just for show.
- I just finished my First aid course and having the means to start a fire or immobilize a broken bone with some branches, and Paracord made me buy this watch to go with my first aid kit.
- You have a removable compass. The dial that says compass on the watch is for show and it’s the removable one you’re interested in.
- The watch is OK, but I am thinking of replacing it and put another in its place.
- A lot of things on the watch are for the show. However, gadgets all work pretty well. What do you expect at this price?
So next time you are going outdoors. Take off your regular wristwatch and strap on your survival watch and then if anything happens while you are away from your gear, you’ll still have the wherewithal to build a fire, find your way, send an SOS, and light the way back to camp or your car in a dark parking garage.
These are just some of the features that today’s survival watches have and they are available from Amazon at very reasonable prices.
Remember trouble can strike without warning, and with one of these survival watches, you’ll always be ready to take action.